All of our work is carried out in accordance with CAI Plus (Confederation of Aerial Industries) (Member No.C49) who impose strict standards and regimes when it comes to any type of TV aerial installation. Wessex Aerials work with the very best technology which enables us to install a variety of approved aerials.
TrustMark is the Government endorsed quality scheme that signposts people to reputable local tradesmen. It is a registered social enterprise, operated under licence from the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills (BIS). TrustMark’s website has an easy to use UK wide postcode search facility, which provides details of more than 21,000 licensed trades and has the largest database of accredited tradesmen in the country.
All TrustMark firms’ technical skills have been independently checked through on-site inspections to ensure a high quality of workmanship and trading practices. TrustMark is the only scheme that requires qualified inspectors to do these visits, so that technical competence is checked as well as business practices and customer satisfaction.
Benefits to the Customer
- A firm’s technical skills have been independdently checked through regular on-site inspection, as well as checks on their trading record and financial status;
- Firms have signed up to a code of practice that includes insurance, good health and safety practices and customer care;
- The approved scheme operator (CAI) has checked and will continue to monitor the firm’s quality of work, trading practices and customer satisfaction;
- Firms are able to offer the CAI Double Guarantee on all domestic installations.
- The scheme is fully supported by Government, the building industry and consumer protection groups.
- All of these checks give the customer – Peace of mind
Benefits of the TrustMark Accreditation
- By Government endorsement the TrustMark logo is recognised throughout the UK by homeowners.
- TrustMark’s national advertising on TV, radio, newspapers & magazines provides a consumer route to increased enquiries.
- CAI are the only Scheme Operator for the Aerial & Satellite Industry making all consumer enquiries from this trade going to CAI members.
- Added exposure as listed on the CAI and TrustMark ‘Find an Installer’ county and postcode search. In 2014, more than 7.2m search resultswere provided to homeowners who used TrustMark website to find expert tradesmen.
Requirements to become a TrustMark Member
TrustMark membership is exclusive to CAI members as we are currently the only Scheme Operator for the trade. Those who wish to be TrustMark approved must be a CAI member and hold CAI Plus status. The CAI Plus scheme requires 50% of the engineers to provide the following,
- Basic DBS issued within the last 12 months then valid for 3 years from date of issue
- Safe Working at Heights Certificate – valid for 5 years from date of issue
- Company Public and Employers Liability Insurance